CLASS 27 – HONEY & BEESWAX DIVISION
CONTACT: Terry Mercer (613)931-2129
Rules & Regulations
- Exhibitors of honey and beeswax must be bona fide beekeepers and the exhibits shown by them must be pure honey from floral sources in their apiaries.
- Not more than one entry per class from an apiary will be accepted.
- Honey entries entered in the wrong colour class will be docked 5 points. Honey colour will be determined using a honey classifier approved by Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada. The judges are empowered to declare any product of inferior quality to be ineligible for placing.
- Liquid and granulated honey must be exhibited in 500gram (375ml) honey jars and they must be the tall version or will be disqualified.
- All classes of comb honey (including round) must be packaged in individual plastic boxes (also available from Secretary or Committee chair $1 / box). Comb honey must be produced in the hive and must contain pure honey. Cut comb honey should be well drained and must be packed in individual plastic boxes).
- Honey moisture content (density) will be determined by the use of a refractometer. Entries will be marked down 5 points for each 1/10 of 1% moisture content in excess of 17.8% in liquid honey.
All entrants must have a St. Lawrence Valley Agricultural Society (Williamstown Fair) exhibitor number- fee $3.00
1st $20 2nd $15 3rd $10
CLASS 27A – AMATEUR
Someone who has less than 5 hives and has been a beekeeper for less than 5 years
1.Liquid honey, any colour (1 jar)
CLASS 27B – BEEKEEPER
1.Liquid honey, white (1 jar)
2.Liquid honey, golden (1 jar)
3.Liquid honey, amber (1 jar)
4.Liquid honey, dark (1 jar)
5.Granulated honey (1 jar)
6.Comb honey – 1 piece 3” x 4”
7.Beeswax – 1 piece 3” x 4”