2021 SCARECROW CONTEST
SPONSORED BY: Kinhaven Farms
CLASS 1 2021: Open Class – no theme, wide open!
1st Place: Roman Brennan
2nd Place: Zena Brennan
CLASS 2: Traditional Scarecrow – A traditional scarecrow
CLASS 3: My Favourite Front-line Hero – Your favourite front-line worker in the form of a scarecrow!
1st Place: Melissa Mader-Tardif
CLASS 4: The Glengarry Settler – Scarecrow that depicts the actions of the first settlers in Glengarry; ex: sawing wood, feeding chickens, hoeing the garden, etc.
1st Place: Michael Mazur
CLASS 5: Glengarry My Home
1st Place: Janet Agnew
CONTEST RULES & HOW TO ENTER:
- To be eligible for prize money, you must pre-register your entry by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org by August 4th, 2021 and include the class number and your contact information and mailing address.
- Bring your entry to the Williamstown Fairgrounds Thursday, August 5th from of 4pm to 7pm. Someone will direct you on where to set up your Scarecrow. Your Scarecrow must be able to be freestanding and support itself. Entries will be judged and winners posted to Social Media.
- Entries must be picked up Sunday August 8th between the hours of 10am to of 1pm. If you have won 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place, your prize money will be available for pickup inside the Fair Office.
TIPS FOR MAKING A GREAT SCARECROW!
- Get creative and plan ahead! It’ll be more fun to put together if you’re ready and have all materials on hand!
- How well does it tie in to the class theme?
- Make it easy for anyone passing by your entry during the Drive-thru to spot your entry from inside a vehicle!
- Be BOLD! No reason to hold back on flashy colours, let your inner Diva out!
- Partner up or do as a group activity with your kids, friends, neighbours, co-workers!
- What is your scarecrow doing? Giving it an action will lend feeling and presence
- Use what you’ve got!
Most importantly, HAVE FUN!!! This is meant to show your fair spirit to be enjoyed by all!
Thanks to all who take the time to put a scarecrow together, so many people comment on how much they enjoy seeing the entries each year!