The St. Lawrence Valley Agricultural Society, which operates Canada’s oldest
annual fair, the Williamstown Fair, is seeking a candidate to fulfill the role of
Treasurer. This person should be an enthusiastic, independent individual with a
positive attitude, demonstrate excellent communication skills, and posess a
strong background in accounting. This person must work well in a team
environment, be an integral part of the team, and provide resource support to a
dedicated group of volunteers.
In conjunction with the Board of Directors and the Executive Committee, the
Treasurer works to help the SLVAS achieve success through providing accurate
financial reporting through accounting best practices so that informed decisions
can be made by the Board.
- Bookkeeping, banking, receivables and payables
- Preparation of monthly financial statements
- Tax Reconciliation and Reporting
- Support budgeting process
- Support investment strategy
- Assist with grant applications
- Coordinate with the Rental Agent on rentals and vehicle storage
- Provide excellent customer service
- Attend Board and Executive meetings
Please send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org by January 6, 2024.
The SLVAS thanks all applicants, however only applicants who are selected to
move forward in the hiring process will be notified.