Paint & All Breeds Horse Show
Start Time: 8:30 am on Sunday in the Western Ring
This show is open to All Breeds of horses and has classes limited to horses in APHA Regular Registry and APHA Solid Paint-bred Registry. It is an APHA point show and an EOPHC point show for competitors with current memberships. Non APHA classes are PAC approved.
For our All Breed Competitors, please note that many Paint Classes have few or no competitors and/or are combined so do not be alarmed with the large number of Paint Classes being offered. In order to have the show APHA approved, a large number of classes must be offered.
|Fair Director:||Ashley Koggel||Telephone:||(613) 878-9501|
|Show Manager:||Nick VanBaal||Telephone:||(613) 662-2520|
|Judge:||Stephen Shank||Grand Island, NY|
|Show Secretary:||Liette Deschambault||see below|
|All Paint (excluding Paint Youth), All Breed Adult, All Breed Halter||$10/class|
|All Breed Youth, All Breed Novice, All Breed Longe Line and All Breed In Hand Trail||$6/class|
|Paint Youth, Costume and Leadline||FREE|
Post Entries will be accepted up to ½ hour prior to class at $4 extra/class, maximum of $20/day.
It is the exhibitor’s responsibility to ensure that entries are received by the Show Secretary on time.
No refunds for classes entered and scratched during the day. All classes must be paid for prior to gate entry.
Please be sure to use the Paint/All Breed Entry Form. One form/horse. All exhibitors showing the same horse will use the same number.
No Fair Membership is required however all exhibitors and support staff must pay admission at the gate, $10, children under 12 free.
Note: Exhibitors in Paint Classes must pay a
- SECRETARY FEE: $10/ horse which includes the APHA processing fee no matter the number.
- Exhibitors showing only in All Breed Classes do not have to pay a Secretary Fee.
CLOSING DATE: Wednesday, August 9, 2017 – 9 pm
Payment: Cash or cheque payable to: St Lawrence Valley Agricultural Society (SLVAS)
|SEND ENTRIES TO:||Liette Deschambault||P.O. Box 148, Lancaster, ON, K0C 1N0|
|Daytime Telephone # & Fax: (613) 347-7459|
|Evening Telephone # & Fax: (613) 525-0613|
- ALL BREED exhibitors must submit the CHECK MARKED DOCUMENT
- APHA exhibitors must submit ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS!
|PHA REGISTRATION CERTIFICIATE||Please submit a copy of the horse registration certificate with your entry form via fax, e-mail, mail or handed to the Show Secretary when registering.||
|NOTE: If your horse is a gelding and it is not marked on your Registration Certificate, you will not be allowed to show in any class that is open to geldings, e.g. Amateur Geldings. Be sure that your Registration Certificate is changed before show season.|
|APHA MEMBERSHIP CARD||Please submit a copy of both your current APHA membership card (Open, Amateur, Novice Amateur, Youth, and Walk/Trot) and the current APHA individual membership card for the owner(s) of the horse with your entry via fax, mail, e-mail, or handed to the Show Secretary when registering.||
|NOTE: APHA now requires all exhibitors and owners to have APHA memberships to show in APHA classes.|
|Applications for APHA membership, Amateur/Novice Amateur and Youth Cards can be obtained at show secretary’s booth prior to the show. Please allow sufficient time to fill out the forms. Payment for these forms must be made by Visa or MasterCard. APHA charges an additional $25US rush fee for cards purchased on the day of the show.|
|EOPHC MEMBERSHIP CARD||Membership to the EOPHC is not required to show but is required if you wish to accrue points for the EOPHC year-end awards. This show qualifies for year end points with EOPHC. Membership forms are available on site. Membership fee must be paid prior to the start of the show in order to accumulate EOPHC points.||
|COGGINS TEST||Although negative Coggins Test results are not required for horse entries, the SLVAS recommends that exhibitors have all horses fully vaccinated and Coggins tested for the protection of themselves and other exhibitors.||
|LIABILITY INSURANCE||Please submit a copy of proof of liability insurance form with your entry form via fax, e-mail, or by mail to the Show Secretary.||
|Liability insurance is MANDATORY for both the horse OWNER and the EXHIBITOR.|
|This is usually on your home owner’s policy and/or OEF or FEQ membership card.|
- Ribbons will be awarded to 6th
- Please note that any prize money won will be sent to the owner of the horse in the exhibitor’s name. Please be sure to have the address properly completed.
- Prize Money will be halved if there are less than 4 exhibitors in a class. All Breed Classes may be combined if entries are insufficient. If a class is combined (Adult & Youth) the prize money will be paid as per Adult Division.
|PAINT CLASSES, SHOWMANSHIP, LEAD LINE, ENGLISH EQUITATION, COSTUME CLASSES|
|No prize money, some classes will have prizes and/or gifts, to be announced at show time.|
|ALL BREED HALTER, ADULT AND OPEN PERFORMANCE CLASSES|
|1ST – $40||2ND – $30||3RD – $20||4TH – $10|
|ALL BREED YOUTH, NOVICE, LONGE LINE, IN HAND TRAIL CLASSES|
|1ST – $30||2ND – $20||3RD – 15||4TH – $10|
|1ST – $100||2ND – $75||3RD – $50||4TH – $25|
All Breed High Points Awards to be donated by Bob-T Tack Shop, Lancaster, ON
All Breed Youth – Total points from classes 18, 28, 33, 48, 61, 65, 77, 81 & 97
All Breed Senior – Total points from classes 18, 28, 38, 55, 61, 63, 73, 78, 85, 86, 89 & 104
All Breed Novice Walk/Jog Division High Point (Total Points from classes 18, 28, 34, 75, 76 & 95
Paint Open, Novice Amateur, Amateur, Youth, Solid Bred Open and Solid Bred Amateur to receive All Around Grand and Reserve Ribbons and prizes. To be eligible for a Paint All Around Award, a horse needs to compete in halter and a minimum of 3 performance classes in its division.
Points will be tabulated as follows for each horse/rider combination as per APHA:
|Horses in Class||Points||Points||Points||Points||Points||Points|
|1st Place||2nd Place||3rd Place||4th Place||5th Place||6th Place|
|6 or more||6||5||4||3||2||1|
SHOW RULES & REGULATIONS – Please read carefully
- APHA rules apply. It is the Exhibitor’s responsibility to know the APHA rules. You can download the 2017 APHA rule book at http://my.apha.com/forms/rule-books.
- This show is APHA approved, PAC approved (http://apha.com/programs/pac/ for PAC information) and approved by the Eastern Ontario Paint Horse Club (http://eophc.weebly.com).
- All Paint classes not marked Youth, Amateur, or Novice Amateur are Paint OPEN
- All Breed classes are open to all.
- Lead line participants may be of any age and must be able to sit unaided in the saddle or will be excused from the class. Lead line handler must be 16 years or older. Lead liners may be led in #46 Costume. Lead line participants cannot enter any other riding classes.
- Horse & rider combinations riding in the Novice Walk/Jog classes may not enter any classes requiring a canter/lope. They may also enter both Novice Showmanship (class 34) and Youth (class 33) or Senior Showmanship (class 38) and Costume Class.
- APHA rule exceptions:
- A horse ridden in a snaffle bit may be ridden with 2 hands in the All Breed Novice Classes at this show.
- All youth 18 years & under must wear an approved ASTM helmet in all riding classes and at any time while mounted on the fair grounds.
- Any adult rider choosing to wear a helmet in an Adult class will not be discriminated by the judge.
- Adult – 19 years or older as of January 1, 2017.
- Youth –18 years of age or younger as of January 1, 2017
- STALLIONS: Stallions will not be permitted to show in any ALL BREED CLASSES other than the Stake Classes however this does not apply to weanlings and yearlings.
- Proper riding attire must be worn by all exhibitors.
- No interference with/or complaints to the Judge by any exhibitor, coach or parent will be tolerated. Complaints are to be directed to the Show Manager.
- Refunds will be granted if the class is cancelled or if Vet/Medical certificate is provided proving injury/sickness.
ATTENTION: 2 YR OLD LONGE LINE EXHIBITORS
- If a 2 yr. old horse is shown under saddle at any show where APHA approved classes are held, this horse is no longer eligible to be shown in 2 yr. old Longe Line for the remainder of the year.
GENERAL INFORMATION – Please read carefully
- Basic First Aid is available on the grounds.
- Water is available at the grounds. Washrooms are on the premises. Lots of food vendors to choose from.
- There are no stalls on the grounds. Overnight camping is permitted however please arrive late as the Saturday shows are quite large and the parking lot is congested until the shows are over. NO electrical hook-ups! No campfires. Stalls are available at stables nearby. Please contact Show Manager or Show Secretary if stalls are required.
- We urge competitors to please keep the grounds as clean as possible to make the after show clean-up job easier. Remember – no one likes to clean up garbage.
- Volunteers are always welcome. Please contact any committee member if you are interested in volunteering or sitting on the show committee. We value your input, please be sure to forward any good ideas to show staff.
All persons working this show have volunteered their time.
Please be sure to treat them with the courtesy they deserve.
Class List & Order of Go – 8:30 am Start Time
1. Paint Yearling Stallion
2. Paint 2 yr. old Stallion
3. Paint 3 yr. old Stallion
4. Paint Stallion, 4 yrs. & older
5. Paint Amateur Stallion, all ages
AMATEUR GRAND & RESERVE PAINT STALLION
GRAND & RESERVE PAINT STALLION
(1st & 2nd from classes 1, 2, 3 & 4)
6. Solid Paint Bred 2 yr. old & under Stallion
7. Solid Paint Bred 3 yr. old & over Stallion
8. Amateur Solid Paint Bred Stallion, all ages
GRAND & RESERVE SOLID BRED PAINT STALLION
(1st & 2nd from classes 6 & 7)
9. Paint Youth Gelding
10. Paint Yearling Gelding
11. Paint 2 yr. old Gelding
12. Paint 3 yr. old Gelding
13. Paint Gelding, 4 years & older
14. Paint Amateur Gelding, all ages
AMATEUR GRAND & RESERVE PAINT GELDING
GRAND & RESERVE CHAMPION PAINT GELDING
(1st & 2nd from classes 10, 11, 12, & 13)
15. Solid Paint Bred Gelding, 2 yr. old and under
16. Solid Paint Bred Geldings, 3 yr. old and over
17. Amateur Solid Paint-Bred Gelding, all ages
GRAND & RESERVE SOLID PAINT BRED GELDING
(1st & 2nd from classes #15 & 16)
18. All Breed Halter Gelding $$
19. Paint Youth Mare
20. Paint Yearling Mare
21. Paint 2 yr. old Mare
22. Paint 3 yr. old Mare
23. Paint Mare, 4 yrs. & older
24. Paint Amateur Mare, all ages
AMATEUR GRAND & RESERVE PAINT MARE
GRAND & RESERVE PAINT MARE
(1st & 2nd from class #20, 21, 22, & 23)
25. Solid Paint Bred Mare, 2 yr. old and under
26. Solid Paint Bred Mare, 3 yr. old and over
27. Amateur Solid Paint Bred Mare, all ages
GRAND & RESERVE SOLID BRED PAINT MARE
(1st & 2nd from classes 25 & 26)
28. All Breed Halter Mare $$
29. All Breed Ultimate Halter Horse Stake– Open To All $$
(Please have mares enter first, followed by geldings and stallions last). Be prudent.
30. Tobiano Paint Colour Class, all ages & sexes (except weanlings)
31. Overo Paint Colour Class, all ages & sexes (except weanlings)
32. Paint Youth Showmanship
33. All Breed Youth Showmanship
34. All Breed Novice Showmanship
35. Paint Novice Amateur Showmanship
36. Paint Amateur Showmanship
37. Solid Bred Amateur Showmanship
38. All Breed Adult Showmanship
39. All Breed Leadline
40. All Breed Leadline Game
41. Paint Yearling Longe Line
42. Paint 2 yr. old Longe Line
43. Solid Paint Bred Yearling Longe Line
44. Solid Paint Bred 2 yr. old Longe Line
45. All Breed Yearling & 2 yr. old Longe Line $$
46. All Breed Costume Class – Theme: Proud to be Canadian – 150 years
Tentative Lunch Break
47. Paint Youth Hunter Under Saddle
48. All Breed Youth Hunter Under Saddle $$
49. Paint Novice Amateur Hunter Under Saddle
50. Paint Amateur Hunter Under Saddle
51. Paint Junior Hunter Under Saddle
52. Paint Green Hunter Under Saddle
53. Paint Senior Hunter Under Saddle
54. Solid Paint Bred Hunter Under Saddle
55. All Breed Senior Hunter Under Saddle $$
56. All Breed Hunter Under Saddle Stake $$
57. Paint Youth Hunt Seat Equitation
58. Paint Novice Amateur Hunt Seat Equitation
59. Paint Amateur Hunt Seat Equitation
60. Amateur Solid Bred Hunt Seat Equitation
61. All Breed Hunt Seat Equitation
62. Paint Hunter Hack
63. All Breed Hunter Hack $$
64. Paint Youth Western Pleasure
65. All Breed Youth Western Pleasure $$
66. Paint 2 yr. old Western Pleasure
67. Paint Novice Amateur Western Pleasure
68. Paint Amateur Western Pleasure
69. Paint Junior Western Pleasure
70. Paint Green Western Pleasure
71. Paint Senior Western Pleasure
72. Solid Paint Bred Western Pleasure
73. All Breed Adult Western Pleasure $$
74. All Breed Western Pleasure Stake $$
75. All Breed Novice Walk Jog Western Pleasure $$
76. All Breed Novice Walk Jog Western Equitation
77. All Breed Youth Command $$
78. All Breed Adult Command $$
79. All Breed Command Stake $$
80. Paint Youth Western Horsemanship
81. All Breed Youth Western Horsemanship $$
82. Paint Novice Amateur Western Horsemanship
83. Paint Amateur Western Horsemanship
84. Solid Paint Bred Amateur Western Horsemanship
85. All Breed Adult Western Horsemanship $$
86. All Breed Reining $$
87. Paint Reining
88. All Breed Western Riding $$
89. Paint Western Riding
90. Paint Yearling In Hand Trail
91. Paint Solid Bred In Hand Trail
92. Paint 2 yr old In Hand Trail
93. Paint Solid Bred In Hand Trail
94. All Breed Yearling and 2 yr old In Hand Trail $$
95. All Breed Novice Walk Jog Trail $$
96. Paint Youth Trail, 18 yrs. & under
97. All Breed Youth Trail $$
98. Paint Junior Trail
99. Paint Green Trail
100. Paint Novice Amateur Trail
101. Paint Amateur Trail
102. Paint Senior Trail
103. Solid Paint Bred Trail
104. All Breed Adult Trail $$
105. End of Day Game: Ride a Five
Entry Fee $5.00 (You sit on it)
WINNER TAKE ALL!
Hope to see you there!
Lots of Fun for All!