English Horse Show
Saturday at 8:30 am
Location: In the English Ring
Chairs: Ashley Koggel 613-878-9501, E-mail: email@example.com
Secretary: Shannon Donkers 613-889-7663, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail: 20324 Arlington Rd.
Committee: Jen Vogel, Michelle Dorie, Amy Graham, Lindsay Small, Allie Honey, Judy Wereley, Shannon Donkers, Meagan Wheeler
Announcer: D’Arcy Thorpe
Judge: Shannon Townsend
1. Please send entries to Shannon Donkers.
2. Entry fees: as marked (see individual classes) will be accepted by phone, fax, e-mail, regular mail or in person. It is the exhibitor’s responsibility to ensure that their entries are received on time.
3. Closing date: Wednesday, August 9, 2017
4. Late fee of $4 per class (maximum of $20/day) will be charged for late and post entries and will be accepted up to 1/2 hour prior to class. No exceptions.
5. Please make cheques payable to the St. Lawrence Valley Agricultural Society (SLVAS).
6. Note that all riders, drivers and support staff will be required to pay admission at the gate.
7. Full refund issued only with Veterinary or medical certificate indicating animal or competitor cannot compete.
8. Please submit a copy of proof of liability insurance form with your entry form via fax, e-mail, or by mail to the Show Secretary. Liability insurance is MANDATORY for both the horse OWNER and the EXHIBITOR. This is usually on your home owner’s policy and/or OEF or FEQ membership card. Liability must be a minimum of $2 000 000 in coverage.
9. Although negative Coggins Test results are not required for horse entries, the SLVAS recommends that exhibitors have all horses fully vaccinated and Coggins tested for the protection of themselves and other exhibitors.
1. Prizes: as indicated; cheques to be mailed out after the competition.
ALL PRIZE MONEY WILL BE SENT TO THE OWNER OF THE HORSE UNDER THE EXHIBITOR’S NAME.
- Prize Money will be halved if there are less than 4 exhibitors in a class. All Breed Classes may be combined if entries are insufficient. If a class is combined (Adult & Youth) the prize money will be paid as per Adult Division.
2. Ribbons to 6th place.
3. Grand and Reserve:
- Pony – from classes: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
- Novice Walk-Trot – from classes: 8, 9, 10, 11
- Horse – from classes: 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22
- Jumper – from classes: 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
– Youth – Rider under 18 years old as of December 31, 2016
– Adult – Rider 18 years and older as of January 1, 2017
– Novice – For beginner riders and green horses
– Pony – does not exceed 14.2 hands
– Horse – exceeds 14.2 hands
An adult may show a large pony in the horse division, however the pony may not also be shown in the pony division. It may be shown in the novice division with a youth rider. Youth exhibitors can only show large ponies in the Pony Division and Jumper Division.
If a pony requires being measured, show management will have the final decision re. eligibility to show. A valid Equine Canada Passport or height listed on Coggins paper will be accepted re. proof of ponies height.
- Riders in Walk Trot Classes are not to compete in any class requiring a canter with the exception of open command where they may stand in the center of the ring during a canter.
- Lead line participants may be of any age and must be able to sit unaided in the saddle or will be excused from the class. Lead line handler must be 16 years or older. Lead liners may be led in costume and fun games classes. Lead line participants cannot enter any other riding classes.
- A pony or horse competing in their respective divisions may be shared by a rider in the novice or jumper division.
- A large pony may not be shown in both the pony and horse division.
- Rider and pony combinations competing in cross rail classes may not compete in any hunter or jumper class exceeding 2’6”.
- Rider and pony/horse combinations competing in 2’6” jumper classes and higher may not compete in lower level classes.
- It is your responsibility to notify the show secretary 30 minutes before the start of the show should a rider change his/her mount. If not, you will be excused without prize money for the day.
- A pony or horse can only be ridden by one rider/class. If not, you will be excused without prize money for the day.
- All classes will run no matter the number in the class, however management reserves the right to combine classes if there are insufficient entries, as well as split entries should they exceed 12 riders in a flat or jumper class.
- Proper riding attire must be worn by all exhibitors. ASTM approved helmets must be worn at all times while mounted. Show jackets are required.
- Please note that all ponies will jump the same course. No adjustments will be made.
- No coaching or schooling in the ring will be permitted. A practice fence will be provided in the warm up area. – Only riders and coaches will be permitted in the schooling area.
- A one hour in ring warm-up will be provided prior to pony hunter classes. You will pay $5 at the gate for 2 minutes of practice time. – Coaches only
- No interference with the judge by any competitor, coach or parent will be tolerated. Complaints must be directed to the show manager.
- No stallions permitted.
- Gambler’s Choice – each fence is awarded set points. Riders are to choose their own lines and jump as many as they can in 1 minute.
- All exhibitors and support staff must pay admission at the gate, $12, children under 12 free. No fair membership is required.
- Note to all competitors. This is a busy ring. The fair committee will be doing their best to keep distractions to a minimum. The English show committee will not be held responsible for any accidents that may arise from the distractions of tents, displays, etc. that surround the ring. Remember that all show staff are volunteering their time and do their best.
Start Time: 8:30 a.m.
8 – 8:30 a.m.: $5 Pony warm up on the flat and over fences. Not judged. Open to all. 2 minute maximum per round. Present your $5 to gatekeeper on entry. Please have correct change.
|Class||Description||Prize Money||Entry Fee|
|1||Pony Hunter Under Saddle||$25 $20 $15 $10||$6|
|2||Pony Show Hack||$25 $20 $15 $10||$6|
|3||Pony Equitation on the Flat, 18 yrs & under||Ribbons & Prize||$6|
|4||Hunter Pony over Fences – cross rails||$25 $20 $15 $10||$6|
|5||Pony Equitation over Fences – cross rails||Ribbons & Prize||$6|
|6||Pony Handy Hunter 2’3”||$25 $20 $15 $10||$6|
|7||Open Command Class – W/T (canter tie breaker)||$50 $40 $30 $20||$10|
|8||Novice Hunter Under Saddle – W/T||$20 $15 $10 $5||$6|
|9||Novice Equitation – W/T||Ribbons & Gift||$6|
|10||Novice Hunter Over Fences – W/T ground poles||$20 $15 $10 $5||$6|
|11||Open Pairs – W/T||Ribbons & Gift||$6|
|12||Open Lead Line (3 – 9 years old)||$20 $15 $10 $5||$4|
|Fun games – Open to Novice Riders & Leadliners|
|13||Fun Class- Ride A Buck, W/T (Can be lead)||Ribbons & Gift||$4|
|14||Fun Class – Canadian Flag Race, W/T (Can be lead)||Ribbons & Gift||$4|
|15||Fun Class – McIntosh Apple Relay, W/T (Can be lead)||Ribbons & Gift||$4|
|16||Costume Class – Open to all. – W/T||Ribbons & Gift||Free|
|Theme: Celebrating Canada – 150 Years|
|17||Horse Hunter Under Saddle||$40 $30 $20 $15||$8|
|18||Horse Show Hack||$40 $30 $20 $15||$8|
|19||Horse Equitation on the Flat||Ribbons & Prize||$8|
|20||Horse Low Hunter over Fences 2’3”||$40 $30 $20 $15||$8|
|21||Horse Equitation over Fences 2’6”||Ribbons & Prize||$8|
|22||Horse Handy Hunter over Fences 2’9″||$40 $30 $20 $15||$8|
|23||Open Horse Command Class||$100 $75 $50 $25||$15|
|Jumper Classes open to ponies and horses. Classes will be divided ponies & horses subject to number of entries.|
|24||Jumper 2’3”||$50 $40 $30 $20||$10|
|25||Jumper 2’6″||$50 $40 $30 $20||$10|
|26||Jumper 3’ – relay**||$50 $40 $30 $20||$10|
|27||Gambler’s Choice, 2’6” – 3’6”||$100 $75 $50 $25||$15|
|28||Mini Prix 3’6”||$200 $100 $50 $25||$20|