Tug of War
Get up close to watch the action, the first pull starts at 1:30 pm in the Cattle Ring.
Teams must pre-register below by 8 pm Friday, August 11th, 2017 Every puller on the team MUST sign a waiver to participate.
Rules and regulations
- No gloves
- No climbing – hand over hand
- No locking – any hold which prevents the free movement of the rope
- No leaning – touching the ground with any part of the body other than the feet
- No sitting – deliberately sitting on the ground, or failure to return immediately to pulling position
- No spiked or studded footwear, no modified boots – workboots only!
- No digging – kicking with heels in the ground to gain footholds
- Teams consist of 8 pullers and up to 4 spares. Only 1 spare may be used to substitute any one puller during a match.
- Each team may have 1 coach. One trainer is allowed but he or she is not permitted to communicate with pullers during a match.
- Each team can have up to 2 minors(under 18 years of age)