2019 THEME: The RED GREEN Show “Handyman Corner”
Show your love for your favourite junk collector and Possum Lake Handyman! Everything RED GREEN! – try to recreate your favourite moments from the show, and remember, “if the women don’t find you handsome, they should atleast find you handy!” Play up your favourite characters Red, Harold, Dalton & Ranger Gord, generous amounts of duct tape and highlight the reasons you enjoyed watching and above all else, have fun with it!
SPECIAL NOTE: Visit redgreen.com and watch full episodes for inspiration!!
***Please note the changes in classes!!***
Cash prizes in each class as follows:
1st place $300, 2nd place $100, 3rd place $50
CLASS 1: General – Single or Multiple Scarecrow
CLASS 2: Business Class – Winners will have a charitable donation given to the charity of their choice.
CONTEST RULES & HOW TO ENTER:
- To be eligible for prize money, the following must be included in your display: WILLIAMSTOWN FAIR August 9th, 10th, and 11th and be large enough to read from a passing vehicle.
- Entries can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 31st, 2019. Please include class, contact information and address.
- All entries will be judged AUGUST 1st, 2019.
- Open to residents of Glengarry.
TIPS FOR MAKING A GREAT SCARECROW/OUTDOOR DISPLAY!
- Get creative and plan ahead! It’ll be more fun to put together if you’re ready and have all materials on hand!
- How well does it tie in to the contest theme?
- Think BIG! Make it easy for anyone passing by to spot your display
- LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION!! Please place where it will be easily found
- Be BOLD! No reason to hold back on flashy colours, let your inner Diva out!
- Partner up or do as a group activity with your kids, friends, neighbors, co-workers!
- What is your scarecrow doing? Giving it an action will lend feeling and presence
- Clear signage is an absolute must! Is it easy to read? Big enough?
- Use what you’ve got! Farm equipment, rustic containers, fencing, etc. Why reinvent the wheel?!
Most importantly, HAVE FUN!!! This is meant to be simple country fun advertising for our fair to be enjoyed by all and hopefully put a smile on people’s faces as they get around our beautiful little piece of countryside!
Thanks to all who take the time to put a display together, so many people comment on how much they enjoy seeing the displays while they’re out and about!
Browse the photo gallery below to see last year’s scarecrow entries! The 2018 theme was Olympics!