2017 THEME: CANADA 150!
Help us celebrate Canada’s special year! Canadian Icons, Red & White, your favourite Canadian celebrities, etc. – have fun with it!
***Please note the changes in classes!!***
Cash prizes in 3 classes as follows:
1st place $300, 2nd place $100, 3rd place $50
CLASS 1: Single Scarecrow
CLASS 2: Multiple Scarecrows
CLASS 3: Best Outdoor Display
***NEW THIS YEAR!! BEST OUTDOOR DISPLAY: For all of you that don’t have the interest of time to make a scarecrow but would love to join your friends and neighbours in welcoming visitors to our community and to advertise our fair, this is the class for you!!! You’re free to do what you like – a special container garden, a piece of fence, old farm equipment, etc. Be creative & have fun!
CONTEST RULES & HOW TO ENTER:
- To be eligible for prize money, the following must be included in your display: WILLIAMSTOWN FAIR August 11, 12, &13th and be large enough to read from a passing vehicle.
- Entries can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 31st, 2017. Please include class, contact information and address.
- All entries will be judged AUGUST 1st, 2017.
- Open to residents of Glengarry.
TIPS FOR MAKING A GREAT SCARECROW/OUTDOOR DISPLAY!
- Get creative and plan ahead! It’ll be more fun to put together if you’re ready!
- Think BIG! Make it easy for anyone passing by to spot your display
- LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION!! Please place where it will be easily found
- Be BOLD! No reason to hold back on flashy colours, let your inner Diva out!
- Partner up or do as a group activity with your kids, friends, neighbors, co-workers!
- What is your scarecrow doing? Giving it an action will lend feeling and presence
- Clear signage is an absolute must! Is it easy to read? Big enough?
- Use what you’ve got! Farm equipment, rustic containers, fencing, etc. Why reinvent the wheel?!
Most importantly, HAVE FUN!!! This is meant to be simple country fun advertising for our fair to be enjoyed by all and hopefully put a smile on people’s faces as they get around our beautiful little piece of countryside!
Thanks to all who take the time to put a display together, so many people comment on how much they enjoy seeing the displays while they’re out and about!