“CANADA’S OLDEST ANNUAL FAIR”
The St. Lawrence Valley Agricultural Society (SLVAS) seeks two enthusiastic, organized and independent individuals with a positive attitude and excellent communication and computer skills for the positions of Secretary and Treasurer to assist with the management and operation of the Williamstown Fair. Both positions are paid by honorarium.
Treasurer Job Description
• To be responsible for the treasury of the SLVAS and be a signing authority for payments.
• Receive, deposit, and maintain record of all financial transactions of the SLVAS.
• To assist with financial planning and budgeting.
• Prepare and present monthly financial reports including up-to-date accounting of all funds and investments.
• Prepare annual financial report for Annual General Meeting (AGM).
• Attend board and executive meetings and committee meetings where required.
• Assist with grant applications.
• Work closely with the Secretary and communicate effectively with exhibitors, vendors, suppliers and the public.
Secretary Job Description
• Prepare agendas and attend all meetings of the SLVAS (AGM, monthly board of directors, executive and committees as required) and keep accurate records of the proceedings.
• Maintain an organized filing system with a record of correspondence, reports, committees, etc.
• Work with the board of directors and committee chairs to ensure that contracts, bookings, paperwork for services are completed.
• Participate in SLVAS business activities and social events.
• Liaise closely with the “Home & Garden” division and with other Fairs and Fair Regulatory Organizations.
• Participate with the set-up, operation and post-fair activities of the Fair Office.
The successful candidates are persons who have a sincere interest in their community and want to be a part of Glengarry’s history. If this is you – please indicate your interest by email (include a CV if available) to email@example.com by March 16, 2018.